Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Growth Philippians 3:12-17

Our return to Munich was marked by edification and encouragement. We were met with much love and enthusiasm. The evening we arrived we were blessed to meet new people and be re-acquainted with others as the Lord was praised. We were encouraged through a word from our Lord as children quoted entire passages of scripture for us. The fellowship was positive and conducted prayerfully. The blessings continued. We moved through registration and official documentation easily, thanks to the preparation made before our arrival. Our return was capped by a wonderful worship service provided by our music leader and the members of the praise band. We focused on the "steadfast love of God" and authentic love for others in Bible study and in the worship message.

Our Lord also blessed us with a "chance" meeting with a fellow pastor along the way, who welcomed us back with great enthusiasm. Then as we entered the worship center, I was embraced by yet another fellow pastor and his wife as they affirmed their ongoing friendship and support of us. The deacon of the host church was next to embrace us with a welcome. Truly we have been edified by the heart and love of our Lord's people.

As we begin a new ministry, I am very much conscious of the need to seek my Lord and allow Him to examine my heart in order to discover anything which I must put behind me. Then I must put it behind me in a manner which honors the nature and ways of our Heavenly Father, i.e., granting or seeking forgiveness, repenting, seeking healing of the Lord, etc. As I appropriately put all that is behind me behind me, I must focus with a daily renewal on the upward call in Christ Jesus.

The more I grow to know and understand the heart and character of our Lord Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father revealed in Him, the more amazed I am at the privilege of calling the one true God, the Creator and Sustainer of all reality, "Father." To know Him is truly to love Him, and it is the only power which purifies His followers continually. Let us join in prayer for each other that we will continue to abide as we stretch out for the upward call in Christ Jesus.